Saturday, May 8, 2010

Priorities

Here's what I posted on Facebook today:

"So I was gonna go into work today, but F*@% it I'm not. I have this weekend and next with Tyler then I won't see him for over 7 months-- he's my priority. If I have to work while he sleeps and not get any myself, then that's what I'll do."

As you can see I'm learning (slowly, but surely) that I need to keep sight of what's most important; and what's most important is my son. Yes, I still have packing to do, gear to pick up, training to do, immunization shots to get, and a checklist to complete, but I'll run around and do it during regular work hours. If that's not enough time then I'll bring home what work and things I can, and I'll do it after Ty's asleep. I can sleep when I'm dead, but if I don't live while I'm alive I might as well crawl in my grave now. I think we'll go see Iron Man 2 today and I'll go buy a Flip mini-camcorder to record his upcoming school play.

No comments:

Post a Comment