Saturday, April 10, 2010

He Left Two Days Ago

I said goodbye to the hubby on Thursday. We almost didn't get there in time for him to make his flight so although I knew I could get a pass to say my goodbyes behind security at first I thought it didn't make any sense to do so-- he would be boarding the plane almost immediately. Yet as I watched him as he went through security and the TSA person asked if I knew about the policy for deploying members I regretted my hasty decision and ran to try and get a pass. It was too late and my hubby, best friend and fellow AF member boarded his plane for pre-deployment training. I somehow even managed to miss his "I won't see you in a very long time, take care, I love you and our 6-year-old little boy" wave to me.

After training, my husband of 7 years is going straight to the desert. I'm deploying soon after so I won't see him for over 9 months. He's going to a different deployment location than I am so hopefully keeping in touch from two different deployed locations won't be too hard. I'm scheduled to go to Afghanistan and although we were preparing for my deployment, my husband's was short-notice so I have alot to do in a very short period of time. I have a son, two dogs, a cat, two fish and a house that will be empty for 6 months. We'll figure it out, we have to, but every time our plan for our dual absence seems set, something goes wrong.

For example the person who was our plan B for watching our 7-month pitbull puppy now can't do it. In the larger scope of things-- not the end of the world. For me right now with a husband who just left, a completely unchecked deployment checklist, a child who got sick yesterday and as a military member in the middle of a base exercise, in which I'm an evaluator for an undermanned shop, it was a moment that felt like it would break me. I'm so stressed and on top of it all I'm kinda sad.

A luxury I can't afford right now so I better figure it all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment