Monday, April 26, 2010

Too Much, No Time

I have to have everything in order by May 14th for my deployment since I am going to Afghanistan straight from training. I'm way behind with what I need to do and I really don't know how I'm going to accomplish all that must be done. Here's SOME of my "still needs to be done" list:

-Order all my deployment gear, which may not get here in time since I leave so soon (everything from flame resistant/retardant uniforms and undergarments to boots and cold weather gear)
-Get all my vaccinations and medical stuff done (Anthrax shot, Smallpox,etc)
-Fire/qualify on the weapons I'm deploying with (a whole day event)
-Create a will and some other still pending legal documents
-Take a bunch of computer training courses
-Go to a bunch of training classes for my deployment (a couple of days worth of classes)
-Buy and ship the items Rob still needs for his deployment
-Sign my new lease and send along with a copy of the Power of Attorney I have since I will have to sign for Rob (he's already gone)
-Make an appt with Tyler's school to get a transfer letter for his new school where my mom lives. Also get his report card since I'm taking him out of school early
-Disenroll him from medical and dental in this area and get him enrolled where my mom is at
-Gather necessary documents for my son (birth certificate, ss card etc)
-Take Tyler to another Dr's appt
-Go to my follow-up dental appt
-Take off work to go to my son's final school play
-Buy Tyler a mattress, school supplies, clothes and other necessary items once I get him to my mom's and get him settled in
-Change over 10 acct to automatic payments and set-up payments for my mom, the person who is watching my house and the person who is watching my dog
-Schedule a vet appt for my pitbull in case the person watching her can't and I have to ship her to my mother-in-law on a plane
-Pack and drive to my brother's basic training graduation (very important for him and me because he's like my son, but the trip will take 5 days so everything is at a standstill for that time)
-Drop off both dogs to a friends house for my trip to my brother's graduation then pick them up when I get back
-Pack for my deployment and training
-Figure out who's going to drive me to the airport that's 2 hours away when its time to leave (not anyone can do it, cause I'll have weapons)
-Drive 9 hours to my mom's house with a child and two dogs by myself (I figure the trip will take at least 12 hours)
-Drive 9 hours back home to drive 2 hours to the airport to leave
-Figure out what to do with my mail (the post office website says it'll only hold for 30 days and I'm not sure if I'm willing to risk the person watching my house forgetting to chk my mailbox frequently enough that no one will be tipped off that my house is empty)
-Clean up, wash clothes, mow the lawn, and do other home stuff that has seemed to pile up because I've been working alot/extra
-Confirm that I won't have problems getting back in the country because my birth certificate will be invalid when I get back. I'm Puerto Rican and July 1st there are no good so it could affect my passport
-Send my property mgr, for the house I own in another state, a $1000 of just in case money and directions on who to reach in case there are any issues while I'm gone
-Give a number of people everyone else's contact info (I'm kinda losing track of who needs what cause there are so many that need each others info-- i.e. landlord and property mgr needs my mom's info and the person house sitting, my mom needs everyone's, my job needs my mom's and the house sitter's, my job needs my hubby and some other people, person watching my cat needs info too... so on and so forth)
-Leave a lockbox with instructions, acct numbers and a bunch of other stuff for my husband when he gets back on who to call, what to turn back on, and what payments to stop since he gets back months before I do
-Get issue and trained on certain equipment needed for my deployment
-Take a Physical Training test before I go and pass even though I haven't had time to work-out
-Find a place to store my husband's truck
-A bunch of other stuff but I don't have enough time to write it... sigh... =(

Oh yeah and I'm still working regular hours and have a bunch of tasks that need to be completed there... this list is in addition to working. That is a completely seperate list

No comments:

Post a Comment